tirsdag den 7. august 2012

FLY VERSION 2.0




So! Some of you may have seen my notorious gold fly leather jacket that I made when I was at Testrup. Well, ever since I've been wanting to do more flies having the stencil lying around*. So the other night while I waited for my new favourite tv show "Girls" to buff I got working on a naked jacket with my collection of nail polishes. I then spent a day at my boyfriend's. Today when I made a quick stop by my place I added a final layer of plastic-stuff also known as aero lack (yeah, I bought it based on instructions from my teacher at Testrup - I'm actually totally clueless with this stuff hence me using  nail polish on my clothes (and paintings)...). Aero lack is a liquid that you mix with water (1/3) and then add on to protect your piece from... water.

Without further introductions. My summer leather jacket now shares art with my winter leather jacket (oh you don't have one for each season - oh - oh?):

With the stencil still on. It sadly died this time around when I took it off. 

And done!

In real life/outside crappy iPad-picture world you'll see that the piece is covered in glitter as well. 

I'm really happy with how it turned out. Here's to hoping it lives through the terrible Danish summer!

 *My nickname was/is the Danish word for fly, so - while a bit odd - me adding flies to stuff is not as random as it might seem at first.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar